More details
Hi everyone! OK, I figure that some of you want more details than what I wrote in the last blog. As it turns out, the blog entry that announced our case completion was written by a friend of mine here, Melissa, as our internet service was not working yesterday at the time I heard the good news. Thus, I was brief and I am sure you all want to know more.
So, the paperwork that needs to be completed is all very routine and usually takes 2-3 weeks to gather. I don't have to do anything until I receive a "pink slip." At that time I will go to the US Embassy with his passport and other documents and receive his Visa to travel to the US. At that point we can travel together out of Guatemala. When we first arrive on US soil, I will have some paperwork to turn into immigration with respect to Diego's adoption. Then, we will make the last leg of our trip home to Durham. I will be traveling alone most likely unless something changes. But Christian will not have time off until the end of July and more than likely I'll be coming home that last week, so we have decided that I'll make the trip by myself. I'm not worried at all about traveling. Diego is such an easy-going kid.
We are more than thrilled with this surprising news! I really didn't think we'd hear anything from PGN for another few weeks, and then I thought we'd have what are called "previos" or kickouts. It turns out that our case never got kicked out of PGN and was signed off on yesterday. Today is a national holiday - military day - so tomorrow will begin the paperwork process and the last few steps of the adoption. We are more than thankful for the speed of our case, as many cases don't finish in less than 6 months. Ours took just 3 1/2 months.
I'll post more as things happen and of course more photos next week. Much love to all of you, our friends and family. We cannot thank you enough for all of your continued support through this process! Love, Lauren


3 Comments:
Congratulations, Ramers Family! I am sorry to have been so out of touch the last month. We can't wait to see you in North Carolina!
June 30, 2005 at 8:53 PM
Yeah! So exciting. I'm really looking forward to meeting him. Your pictures are great, by the way. Good luck on your travels home, Lauren.
July 1, 2005 at 10:13 AM
Hoorah!
July 1, 2005 at 5:46 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home