The story of our journey with international adoption, travels, and parenthood

Friday, September 16, 2005

Sleep Training?

After three months of sleeping with Diego by my side, I finally decided for the both of us it would be a better night's sleep if he slept in his crib and for the whole night! With the support of my two girlfriends that I met in Guatemala, Christian and I let Diego cry it out! 90 minutes for a nap that never happened, then 60 minutes that night. He fell asleep and stayed asleep except for a short wake up and 20 minute diaper change/cry it out again. The next night he cried 50 minutes....the next 40 minutes...and both nights slept all the way through until morning. We are amazed and happy and thankful for sleep! I still cringe for the entire falling asleep process (currently happening as I write), but I know now that he will eventually sleep and that it is the best thing for him to learn how to go to sleep on his own. I still wake up out of habit and am constantly amazed when I can't hear a thing from the monitor until 6 am!!

Today Diego ran a fever most of the day, so he slept a lot, and got very, very tired around 5 PM....so I put him to bed and we'll see what happens. I wasn't feeling super hot either, so we had a slow day at home. All in all, things are going really well, especially now that Diego is learning how to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home