Going to Visit Greatgrandmother
Diego and I are heading off to Washington state on Friday morning to visit my grandmother, Nanna (my mother's mother), my aunt and my best friend (and Diego's godmother). I am so excited for this trip! I'll of course post photos of Diego with great grandma as soon as I can!
Diego is walking all over the place now - down the hall, around corners, from one side of the room to the other. And he races up the stairs with such speed! He is really an agile kid!
On Tuesday we had a play date in Rocky Mount, NC - about an hour from Durham - with the two granddaughters of an AVID colleague of mine. Both are adopted from Russia and have come home within the last year. It was so fun to finally meet little Amelia (17 mo) and see how Anne Carlton has grown (27 mo). Diego had so much fun exploring my friend's house and interacting with the girls. I enjoyed watching him play with other kids and talking with another mother of adopted children. There's a connection there that is so rare.
Diego was so sweet on me today - kissing and hugging and cuddling all day long. There's just nothing like watching your baby come running towards you with wide open arms, a smile as wide as can be and then to have him launch himself into your arms. Warm, fuzzy feelings all day long....
Diego turns one next week - December 13. I can't believe it.


2 Comments:
Thanks to the Ramers for making GGmother a priority for a visit. This will put a little body to the many pictures she has all over the house. They will have fun.
Abuela Ana
December 8, 2005 at 11:18 AM
Hi Lauren,
My friend Sam started a blog not too long ago to document the journey of adopting their daughter from China (They just got her picture this weekend!) Reading it has also inspired me to start one of my own regarding my experiences with Maya and Zoe (3 months last week - http://mzmotherland.blogspot.com).
It also got me thinking about you and your adorable Diego. I can't believe he is walking already and will be one on Tuesday...what a milestone. Happy Birthday Diego!!!
It sounds like you have been very busy. I hope you are enjoying the balance of work and motherhood. Thanks for the recommendation about the sleep techniques. We haven't yet mastered putting them down awake successfully. But the girls are sleeping between 6-7 hours now...YEAH!!!
Oh on a totally different note...do you remember Glen Story from Bruin Woods? Well he lives here in SD and I just hired him to remodel our current outdated gameroom (soon to be playroom for the girls.) Small world huh?
I would love to hear from you when you have a spare moment.
:)
Amy (Neal) Miyamoto
December 11, 2005 at 11:38 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home