The story of our journey with international adoption, travels, and parenthood

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

December Update

Playtime in the crib!

Trying out his new bike in the snow.


Snowball fight!!!

Check out my new ski duds!





Making a snow angel!



I'm a bathing beauty





Merry Christmas!





So far December has been a very busy month! Diego turned 4 on December 13, and we began the celebration with losing gas and therefore heat on the night of the 12th. So, my plans for a surprise birthday breakfast changed quickly when I decided to pack up the kids and move to a friend's warmer house (thanks, Tracey and Shane!). Later the next day, our heat returned, and we prepared feverishly for Diego's Monkey Birthday Extravaganza held at the Jungle Gym, his gymnastics place, for his closest friends and family. It was a small-ish party, but really, really fun, complete with monkey cupcakes and even puking (the favorite part of the story for Diego to tell). He got games, DVD's, stomp rockets, a remote control jeep, books, a watch, and a new two wheel big boy bike! It's orange! His favorite part of the day was having everyone sing Happy Birthday to him. That evening, just as we were headed to bed, it started snowing, and so on the 14th we played in the snow all morning before church and then enjoyed an afternoon in the Junction visiting Santa Clause and eating lunch with new friends. It was a wonderful family weekend!
This week, ice has dominated our lives. West Seattle has been plagued by icy streets, and our poor steep street is a sheet of ice. So, I stayed home Monday and Tuesday morning, bravely venturing out this afternoon for some last minute shopping. It's supposed to snow again tonight and all day tomorrow, so we'll have to see if I make it into work this week! Diego has his 4 year old well child check up on Thursday, but I may just cancel until the new year. I'm not so much a wimp, as I am much smarter about what it means to get stuck in the snow now with two little ones to think about.
Enjoy the new photos of the kids and our snowfall! We are off to San Francisco for the Christmas holiday and New Year's. This Sunday we celebrate Charlotte's child dedication at our church, to be followed by a potluck party! Should be loads of fun and lively celebration! Herfs arrive late Thursday night (sans Leslie) to help us celebrate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home