Declaration of Rights
We have one more document to notarize, certify, and authenticate-The Declaration of Rights. Basically, it says that in North Carolina, the legislation gives the same guarantees and rights to an adoptive child as a biological one; so in respect of adoption, grants the same or better protection than the Guatemalan law to an adoptive child. This is a new form that is required. I do understand what it says, but I find it odd. Anyhow, Christian Diego is having his DNA test done on Wednesday of next week, so I need to receive and send back a fax to make this happen. Lately, there hasn't been a whole lot of movement on the case, but the last two days have been busy! Mostly, I enjoy receiving photos of little Diego...especially the one below. I don't know how I got so lucky...
Diego's dresser also arrived this week (a gift from Abuelos Herfindahl). Auntie Leslie helped me pick it up in her big car and move it into his room. We are still debating the organization of his nursery furniture...but that's a project to finish on Saturday when Christian isn't post-call, pre-call or on call (lately, those are the only 3 choices he has).
17 more days and I'm the proud mother of a beautiful, sweet, angelic little boy...I can't believe it.


1 Comments:
Wow -- that is a great picture!! What an adorable smile.
:-)
I can't wait to meet him in person! I know, join the club.
Kimberly
April 15, 2005 at 12:41 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home