The story of our journey with international adoption, travels, and parenthood

Friday, May 27, 2005

Sola

That's Spanish for alone. Well, I'm not really alone. Dont' feel sorry for me. I am surrounded by 60+ beautiful children and I have my neighbors, Nancy and her girls and Susan, the volunteer architect for our children's village project. She is adopting adorable twins and is living here for the time being. But, Christian left on Wednesday and my mother on Tuesday, so as you can see...I have little time to sit and write. Today I left Diego with a nanny, Mena, for an hour and a half to walk to town and get some groceries and money. She is a very sweet lady...and I understand what she is saying about 70% of the time! On my way back home, the sky literally opened up. It rumbled very loudly and began raining...similar to North Carolina summer downpours...nothing like San Diego showers. So, I returned home soaked, but happy to find my son sleeping. I think Mena will help me out - give me a break - twice or three times a week or whenever I need to go to Guatemala City or into town here in Antigua. It certainly is easier (and faster) for me to walk into town without lugging around a 14 pound baby!

He saw the doctor today and after 3 weeks of being sick with a cough, congestion and fever, Dr. Rivera put him on antibiotics, a nebulizer to help with his breathing and saline nasal spray. It's quite an ordeal getting all three medicines in three times a day, but I hope he feels better soon. He has been miserable lately, and last night neither of us slept much at all! I am trying to keep it all in perspective and "be tough" (as Christian would say), but I will admit that it is very difficult to do it all on my own, especially since he has been sick.

Papa Christian ("Papi Medico" is his nickname around here) had Lasik surgry today. He is healing, but still fuzzy, so I am anxious to find out how his afternoon appointment goes.

I hope you all are well and happy! Please keep us in your thoughts...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home