The story of our journey with international adoption, travels, and parenthood

Monday, June 13, 2005

Happy Half-Year Birthday, Diego!

Today, June 13, is Diego's six month birthday. Happy Birthday! We're not doing anything special, but I thought I'd let you all know...he was born on December 13, 2004. I can't believe how time flies. He wasn't quite five months old when I first met him...and already we have hit the six month mark.

My favorite time of the day is in the early morning when he wakes up. When he wakes up and cries or fusses, he wants to go back to sleep. But when he wakes up and wants to be awake, he smiles the biggest smile and laughs and cuddles with me in bed for almost half an hour. These are such beautiful, precious moments that I will cherish forever!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly S-K said...

Yay! Oh isn't that just the best! Morning snuggle time with your kids is definitely one of life's high points. Especially when it follows a pretty decent night's worth of sleep!

Thanks for all the blogging and wonderful pictures. I'm torn between envy for the amazing adventure you're having there, and empathy for your increasing loneliness. Know that we're thinking about you, and talking about you at Sunday dinners, and wondering how things are going with the powers that be, etc. Today, seemingly out of nowhere, Jane commented that she "just couldn't wait to see baby Diego", and that "when he cries, I will give him a toy." She then went into the toybox and found a cute little wooden fire truck that she's decided to give him when he finally comes to his new home.

We miss you!

June 13, 2005 at 7:08 PM

 
Blogger Ramers said...

How cute of Jane! I can't believe she still remembers Diego...and she hasn't even met him! I think they're going to be good buddies! I miss all you guys, too. Sundays just aren't the same without potluck and good conversation! Think positive thoughts about our speedy return home! And say hi to the whole gang for us!

June 13, 2005 at 9:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home