The story of our journey with international adoption, travels, and parenthood

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Two Months

Today is the two month milestone in my stay here in Guatemala. In some ways I can't believe I've been gone from home this long and in other ways the time has flown by. I'm going to be cheesy tonight (I'm feeling extra emotional as tomorrow is our 6th wedding anniversary), and copy a Visa commercial (or maybe it's Mastercard...or is it AmericanExpress? So much for commercials and labels).

International Adoption costs - thousands
Traveling to Guatemala - hundreds
Living expenses in Guatemala - thousands
Traveler's Diarrhea - twice
Being away from Christian - heart wrenching
Spending the last two months with Diego - PRICELESSLY AMAZING!

It is so amazing to think about two months ago and what DieGO was doing, who he was, who we were together. We have both come so far. I don't complain about waking up three times a night anymore. My back forever aches, and that's OK. I sing silly songs and have less than intelligent conversation for a majority of my day. Diego can now sit up on his own, giggles and laughs at the silliest things (tonight it was at Lilly, the dog, chasing her tail), has private conversations with his toys, is almost saying da da da da.... (how is THAT fair???), and is the absolute joy and love of my life. His smiles just melt my heart, his slobbery kisses consume me (I taught him how to kiss...the slobbering part is his own interpretation), and his joy for life excites me about the future. I feel like the luckiest mom in the whole world. Today, I read the children's book, Courderoy and cried. Now, Diego has NO missing buttons, but at the end of the story, the little girl saves up her money, chooses him, and brings him home. And he is so happy! Diego has a home, and we're going to be there soon, and that is what it's all about!

To Christian - Happy Anniversary, my wonderful husband. I love you, we love you, so much and we can't wait to get home and be a family!!! I have loved every step, every stumble, every discovery, in our eleven year journey together. Our most amazing adventure is about to begin!!! Besos y Abrazos, Lauren and Diego

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home