The story of our journey with international adoption, travels, and parenthood

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Diego and Daddy are sick

This past five days Diego caught a virus and has had fevers, cough, sore throat and congestion. He's on his way to feeling better, but daddy caught the virus from Diego. So we have one sick house!

Yesterday Diego figured out how to put small colored blocks into his Mail Box with special sized holes for the blocks. It was amazing to watch how his little brain worked out the problem. I think this is one of the most enjoyable things about staying home with Diego....watching him learn as he plays and witnessing even the most subtle changes in his behavior and skills.

Last night Christian and I watched our favorite new show's premiere - LOST. It was so scarey for me!!! I wouldn't turn off the light in the TV room or walk to the bedroom without Christian. But I LOVE the show! The other new show we love is My Name is Earl. Seriously funny - and surprisingly off color for NBC. Jason Lee is great.

We are going to meet up with Auntie Leslie today at Estes Park in Chapel Hill and then go shop for fresh veggies and broccoli juice (for Diego) at Whole Foods. Tomorrow we have an appointment at a daycare center....I have to work on Oct. 3-4 and need a safe and nice place for Diego. This place is rated 5 stars (highest in NC) and they offer drop-in daycare when they have the space, so I think this will work for most of the times I need child care, which at this point is not very often. I'm also looking for someone who could help out in the house, so we've put out some requests to the Duke resident community for help. I might put some ads in the local college newspapers. What I need is "Grandma Ruth." She was our wonderful babysitter who was more like a grandmother to us. She would stay with us for up to a week even when we were little and mom and dad went on vacation. She and her husband were like family....that's what I would like for Diego.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ramers said...

OK, so Estes Park was not really a park. It was an apartment complex. Oops! Leslie had to take Diego back to the Community Center Park in Chapel Hill....

September 24, 2005 at 8:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home