41 Weeks and no progress
I am in good spirits, despite the fact that today's visit to the doctor didn't produce any more news on when this baby is coming. I had a non-stress test which involved an ultrasound to measure amniotic fluid levels (good...no worries there) and her heartbeat/movement and my contractions for a 30 minute period. The tests all showed that the baby is doing fine, she is healthy with no problems or stress, and that 7 days past my due date, she is still thriving.
I have not at all progressed from last week's exam, despite increased contractions. Nothing, nothing, nothing. So, the plan is to wait until Friday and see the doctor again at 10 am. That evening, I will check into the hospital and we'll start the induction process. I'm not thrilled with the thought of an induction, but understand that most doctors these days won't let moms go past 42 weeks, since the placenta starts to get old and the baby could go into distress. So, I have four days to get things going....Mom and I walked for 45 minutes at the YMCA today and then I swam for 15 minutes (the pool was closing). Tomorrow I'll swim and walk again. I can't say that I'm not frustrated, but I also trust that nature will take its course and that she will come when she is ready....hopefully that happens before Friday!
Thanks for the emails, posts, thoughts, prayers, advice and love....I appreciate everyone's calls and contact during this waiting time, which has seemed very long. It feels similar to the time we were waiting for Diego's birth certificate in Guatemala....we knew he was ours and we were excited to go home, but one piece of paper kept us from that special day 3 weeks longer than anticipated. I've been there before, I can wait it out again.


1 Comments:
Hi Lauren,
LaRee's cousin Carol here. I've been lurking and following your progress. I have a granddaughter who was due on the 15th and the story is the same as yours. Today Cynthia saw the doc and nothing nothing nothing...only 1 cm and softening, but the cervix is still long and posterior so she pulled it forward and tried to enlarge it manually....hoping that will start labor....an ultrasound scheduled for Thurs. So it would seem that there are at least two little girls in the extended family who like it inside their moms. Good luck sweetie, I had two inductions...fast and furious after that but healthy normal babies and I survived fine (the second time with no medication) You will do fine and I'll be thinking about you. I hope to meet your kids this summer.
Carol
April 21, 2008 at 6:41 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home