An update
On June 8 our case entered PGN, which is the attorney general's office here in Guatemala. This is one of the final stages in the adoption process. At this point, we will wait to hear for "previos" - those are questions PGN officers have about the paperwork. Once those previos are handled, the case will move out of PGN and we will be within 2 or 3 weeks of wrapping things up here in Guatemala. No one is able to predict how long or how short the time in PGN will be, so I promise to let you all know when we are out of PGN. Until that time, I won't have much to report on the adoption...instead I'll just write all about how wonderful my gorgeous son is!
I have settled into a nice schedule here and with the help and support of several people around me here (Nancy, Susan, Melissa and of course my family), I am trying very hard to enjoy the time I have here with my son in this beautiful country. I am so lucky to have this opportunity and while it is a daily challenge to be away from my husband (and kitties), I am so very thankful that I have had this past month and a half with Diego. I really feel like we have bonded - he knows his mama and it is a daily joy to spend this time with him. I wouldn't have done it any differently! If my blogs sound like I'm a bit down once in a while, just know that those are the typical ups and downs of being away from Christian...everything else is simply wonderful here and I am going to work really hard this week to focus on the present moment, not to worry about the future or what has happened in the past, but to enjoy each and every moment I have with Diego in his birth country.
I'm getting addicted to Pop's vanilla milkshakes (Pop's is a Central American ice cream company - deliciosa!!). Definitely not on the South Beach menu....I am trying to limit myself to one a week.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home