The story of our journey with international adoption, travels, and parenthood

Monday, August 22, 2005

All On His Own

For the VERY FIRST TIME, Diego fell asleep in his crib on his own this morning! He usually naps around 9:30 am and this morning since we didn't go running (bad on me), I gave him a bottle then put him in his crib. He only fussed a tiny bit, not even real crying, before I heard nothing. I tiptoed down the hall to find him passed out in his crib just 5 minutes later. Yay!!!

Last night we had a really great time at a friend's house for Sunday Potluck - a tradition we have enjoyed the past couple of years. The families all have children - all ages - and they are terrific! Smart, funny and very down to earth people. Diego LOVED being around all of the kids. Little 3 year old Jane has a bit of a crush on him I think...she kissed him all morning at church and then all evening at dinner. She was sitting on the couch next to us and said to me, "He sure is cute. I sure hope Diego likes me." How cute!!! Diego did very well around all these new faces!

He is also starting to sleep better at night. He's not needing a bottle anymore...just a few sips of water and he goes back to sleep quickly. I think I got to sleep in my own bed for like 6 hours last night!

It's really, really hot here and I think I'm going to ask our neighbor if we can go swimming later this morning. The heat index has been up in the 105's!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home