The story of our journey with international adoption, travels, and parenthood

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Embassy Trip 1 and 2 and MUCH Gratitude

Yesterday our first trip to the embassy was uneventful and successful. We waited about 4 hours to do 5 minutes of paperwork. The room had 60 seats, all of them were full, and there were people standing all around the very small, cramped, hot room. But NOBODY was complaining! We were all so happy to be in the final stages of our adoptions! Diego napped for only 30 minutes, but the entire time he was such an angel. No fussing...he just played and laughed and read his books. Today I am going back to the embassy without Diego to pick up his visa around 3:30 PM. So, this morning I've been organizing and getting ready to pack all of my stuff. It's amazing how much one person can collect in 3 months!! Mean is spending her last day with Diego - bitter sweet for the both of us. We gave her a present of bath products this morning and we'll say our good-byes, with tears I imagine, tomorrow morning.

We leave tomorrow - Delta at 1:20 to Atlanta. We will process a bunch of his paperwork there during our 4 hour layover and then catch the 10:30 PM flight to Raleigh-Durham airport, where we will meet Papa Christian and Auntie Leslie, and maybe a friend or two. I AM SO EXCITED!!! And I think Diego is catching my excitement - he has been smiling and laughing and being silly for the past couple of days! When we land he will become a US citizen...thanks to President Clinton!

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS SUPPORTED ME THROUGH THIS - my husband, my family, my friends, mi familia de Semillas de Amor y todos los ninos, Nancy, Gaby and Daisy, Susan and Viara...I have loved being with my son these past 3 months and you all made it possible for me to do so. I cannot thank you enough!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

El gusto es mio! Abuela Ana

August 9, 2005 at 2:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home