3 Weeks Old

Big Brother watches over his precious little sister.

Walking at Alki Beach

Grammy with Charley (Christian's mother)


Grammy with Charley (Christian's mother)
Here is Charlotte at 3 weeks old. Overall, our lives are adjusting nicely. Today is the 2nd day I've been without help, and while it has gone smoothly so far, I am definitely not yet ready to do this all on my own for long periods of time. Grammy left yesterday afternoon, and after a disastrous trip out with two kids to Trader Joe's, thank goodness my mother arrives by Amtrak train this afternoon after spending 3 days in Oregon campaigning for Barack Obama. She will stay until the end of the month. Christian begins moonlighting this weekend, and we are excited to fill up our dwindling checking account (and to be able to pay next month's bills!). Luckily our tax return was generous and will help us pay off the debt we incurred last year from traveling to Africa and moving cross country. Oh, yeah, and buying a ridiculously expensive home. But, I ramble.
Nothing much else to report, other than I spend most of my day feeding, changing diapers, putting kids down to sleep, fixing lunch and dinner, and collapsing on the couch at night to catch the season finales of all my TV shows. Can't WAIT to find out who America's IDOL is tonight! I am lucky to have the entire summer at home with the kids, and once the sun arrives and stays in Seattle, we'll have many outdoor adventures! We have wonderful friends coming to visit in June and July, so we are looking forward to more good times with guests! BBQ season and backporch living are nearly upon us...it's so close to being that time of year when every Seattlite emerges from their dens, yawns and takes on all that summer has to offer! We can't WAIT!
Week 3 assessment: Life is good to us, but TWO KIDS IS HARD WORK!! (For those of you that have 3, and I have a few friends who do....you are truly amazing. I don't know how you do it!).



1 Comments:
Having 3 children is hard work, Lauren. Just ask your Mom :-)
Love, Dad
May 21, 2008 at 7:11 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home