Exercise!
I saw the doctor a week ago Friday and she gave me the go ahead to start exercising. Last Wednesday, mom and I took a 2 1/2 mile walk with kids in the stroller, and today I ventured into the pool for a 40 minute swim. It felt GREAT! I am so thrilled to be getting back into the routine of exercise...it's been a long time that my body felt normal. I've got about 25 lbs to lose...and I am hopeful to do it over the summer with walking, swimming, and eventually running. I can still feel some healing going on where my incision is, so I am sticking to low impact exercise for now. I tried doing sit-ups...hee hee hee. My stomach muscles are in seriously bad condition. That will take more time I'm afraid. All in all, I feel very good, given I'm just 5 weeks out of major abdominal surgry. I know I shouldn't push it, and I won't, but it feel so gratifying to feel the burn of my leg muscles kicking down the length of the indoor pool at our YMCA. Freedom!! My goal is to fit into one of my summer dresses by July 5 - the date of my cousin Jon's wedding in Mt. Shasta, CA. Diego is in the wedding...so cute!!
We have enjoyed a pretty lazy, fun family weekend with Christian home for the month. We took a walk at our favorite Lincoln Park, and Diego and Christian flew a kite and played some baseball. I walked with Charley and enjoyed the sun, though it was a bit chilly. Sunday was a morning at church (she slept through the whole service!!! Yay!!) and then a slow afternoon at home (well, I went swimming). All in all, just the R and R that Christian needed to get in the mood for a whole month of relaxation. He will moonlight some this month, but he's working for real money this time around, finally earning what he's worth, and we are thrilled he has the opportunity since I won't start back to work until the fall.
Happy June, amigos y familia!


1 Comments:
Great job getting active again, Lauren. I am sure you will lose the extra weight in no time, with the exercise and breast feeding. I've really enjoying following Charley's growth on your blog, and seeing Diego being a great big brother too. Have a wonderful summer!
Love,
Kelly
June 3, 2008 at 12:01 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home