March Update
March was a fun whirlwind of travel and work. Lauren and kids were just in Riverside, CA, visiting Abo (my dad), Aba (my mom), and Auntie Leslie this week. We enjoyed the warm sun, the hot tub, and walks to go shopping. Diego enjoyed eating popsicles. Charley learned how to climb up the stairs (but is still learning to go down "feet first"). She turned 11 months old this past week...my baby is nearly one year old. I can't believe it. Christian and the family had a Sea-Tac reunion as he arrived from Mozambique just an hour before we arrived from Riverside. It was such a happy moment to see the kids embrace papa after two long weeks. Diego went running across the airport to hug him and Charley couldn't take her eyes off of him for hours.
I had my first grad school meeting last week to discuss internship possibilities at a local high/middle/elementary school. And I am slowly getting used to the idea of being a student once again.
Spring finally arrived with two beautiful days here in W. Seattle. Last night we gathered around our new fire bowl and toasted marshmellows. Then Lauren attended a healing meditation for a dear friend of ours who is headed to surgery tomorrow. Keep MN in your thoughts and prayers for us.
April brings us more work, more soccer games, travel to San Diego for mama and Charley, and a Trailblazers Basketball game (my first NBA game!) with my brother in Portland on Friday. I will also be shadowing some principals in the local area in preparation for my program retreat in July.
Christian is back to work and back to school. His last quarter is looking good and he is excited about his travels and upcoming work in Mozambique. I hope he'll write about his experiences there soon on the blog.
Love to all family and friends and may your spring bloom brightly this year!


1 Comments:
I don't think I know a busier person than you, Lauren. How do you do it?
May 19, 2009 at 10:32 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home