The story of our journey with international adoption, travels, and parenthood

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

We're Here!!!

We arrived to Antigua, Guatemala last night around 8 PM. We were supposed to arrive at noon, but Delta canceled our RDU-Atlanta portion of the flight and we couldn't get to Atlanta on time to make our Guatemala City connection. So we were rescheduled on an American flight that left later yesterday afternoon around 3 PM. Needless to say, the arrival was anticlimatic. Diego was peacefully sleeping. Nancy, Gaby and Daisy had tried everything in their power to keep him awake, but he fell asleep. So, I held a beautiful, peaceful sleeping baby until we ate dinner, and then he woke up and took a bottle. It was wonderful...He was very stimulated by the new, brightly colored surroundings of our apartment, so we took him back to his nursery to sleep. Today we will work on getting his crib in my apartment ready for him to stay and sleep.

I had a wonderful night's sleep, and woke up bright and early this morning to the sounds of children...my favorite part of being in Guatemala. I can't wait to meet all the new children here - there are several older boys and 24 older children in total! That's the most they've ever had at Semillas de Amor! I just cant' wait to go greet those smiling, joyous faces!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home