The story of our journey with international adoption, travels, and parenthood

Monday, April 27, 2009

April Come and Gone

April flew by. That's sort of been my life lately. In fact, this weekend has been so memorable for me as our daughter was born one year ago tomorrow morning at 8:34. Not only don't I believe she's a year old, I can't believe we've juggled two kids for a year...and they are still alive and well!
A brief monthly update -- Diego played soccer the past six weeks and loved every moment. We hosted the end of the season potluck at the house, 9 boys and 1 girl with siblings and family. Thank goodness it was a nice day and most everyone was enjoying our back deck. Note to self: 9 boys at our house gets a bit out of control. Charley has turned from sweet baby to monster 1 year old. She's getting some pretty big teeth in right now -- two at the same time, so we think that's part of her crankiness, but she has been a terror the past few days. Hoping this passes quickly. We are celebrating her birthday tomorrow with a "duck themed" party, and Diego is the party planner. Just a small Ramers family gathering, but it should be fun nonetheless. Diego told me today that he wants to get Charley a "Rookie Doll" because she "likes Rookie and dolls". Hmmm.....Christian is working, writing, studying, moonlighting, translating, and burning the candle at both ends. He needs to slow down. I am busy with shadowing principals at local schools, finishing up a few big projects for AVID, looking forward to writing my keynote speech for Summer Institute, and really trying for once in my life to enjoy a slower pace so that when the fall hits I'm ready. Really ready. I also traveled to San Diego for training a couple of weeks ago and had a wonderful time catching up with friends, meeting new people, and working out a difficult situation in a diplomatic, genuine way. I may not be liked by everyone, but at least I think most people would call me honest and fair.
Let's see...what does May bring? My mother's birthday, another quick trip to San Diego, more shadowing, and hopefully some decent spring weather here in Seattle. Oh, and a trip to the plant store to make my back deck pretty.
The most exciting news of today -- my carpets are clean, clean, clean!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home