The Best $133 I've Spent
Yesterday I went to Guatemala City to go shopping with Nancy and Susan (another adoptive mother who is staying here ... she is also our volunteer architect for the project). I stocked up on supplies and bought Chrisitian Diego an ExerSaucer. He LOVES it! He needed something less confining than his bouncy chair, and I needed to be able to move around the apartment without lugging him around in the sling all day. It's kind of a spaceship theme, and I have yet to put in the batteries (I really hate noise making toys). I hope this will give both of us a bit more freedom in the afternoons.
Christian is still not sleeping as well as I had hoped he would. He wakes up about every two hours and takes a few ounces of formula then goes back to sleep. He is falling asleep better, but still waking up more often than I had hoped, but we have made progress since last week and for that I am thankful.
My girlfriends from Yreka are coming to visit Saturday for five days. We are going to stay at Posada En Elsueno, a cute little colonial style hotel with a small pool and "gourmet" breakfasts (we'll see about that...). I am so excited to have visitors! I hope Diego will be OK in the hotel as far as sleeping goes.
Home schooling this morning and perhaps a little sun this afternoon. I bought a lounge chair and a plastic sheet so we can go out to the back yard and hang out in the sun on the grass. Hotel Antigua tomorrow with our new friends, Melissa and Gavin and her mother, and then visitors! Another week has almost passed. A week closer to going home.
Oh yeah, today I have been here one month. Wow!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home