The story of our journey with international adoption, travels, and parenthood

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Early Mornings

On most mornings, Diego wakes up between 5-6 am. I can usually play with him in bed for 30-45 minutes and then we get up and begin our day. Last night, Diego decided that 1 am was time to wake up. He didn't cry or fuss. He just talked and played and moved around for a good hour. A warm bottle didn't help. So, at 2 am I woke up my mother and she took the second shift. He finally fell back asleep at 3 am. Now, I had hoped this meant we would sleep in until at least 7 am. Ha! 6 am, bright and cheery eyed, my son woke up, ready to start the day again. If he wasn't so darn cute and sweet, I'd really be frustrated.

Yesterday my mom, dad and I ate at Gaia, a middle eastern restaurant here in Antigua. It is good food, but the second time I've not felt well after eating there. So, Gaia has been removed from my short list. Then we went grocery shopping (if you can call it that...the "bodegona" is far from a grocery store...I miss Harris Teeter!!) and upon exiting, the sky opened up. We had one umbrella between the four of us - and Diego got it!

Today we are making our first batch of frijoles, ala "Aura" (the fabulous cook here). We are going to have a relaxing day and possibly walk into town to look for dad's fake beer. There's only one place that sells it in town and sometimes they don't have it.

My friend Melissa leaves today for Guatemala City. I will miss her terribly!! She has an appointment to go to the embassy on Monday for Gavin's visa and then she and her family will fly home to Indiana. I am so happy for them!

I should be going into Guatemala City on Wednesday or Thursday for Diego's Guatemalan passport. I'll keep you all updated....until then, take care and have a great Sunday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home