The story of our journey with international adoption, travels, and parenthood

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Busy October Is Gone Already

As you can tell, the month of October has flown by! Our month has been busy with traveling, work, parties and many visitors to Durham. Abuela Anna arrived October 6 and stayed through October 29. She was my Traveling Nanny, taking care of Diego while I worked two weeks in Atlanta and Charlotte for AVID. During the middle week of October, the Herfs (sans Erik) spent 4 glorious days in 85 degree weather at Topsail Beach, just north of Wilmington on the North Carolina coast. We relaxed, ate well, and enjoyed watching Diego marvel at the sand and sea. We also celebrated Dad's 59th birthday and Leslie's 30th. That weekend, Leslie threw herself a party and Sunday was Diego's child dedication ceremony and party at our house. Needless to say, on the 24th, we were all very, very tired! We had many visitors from Washington, Virginia, Maryland, California, Texas and of course North Carolina.

Today I am writing from the 7th floor of the Holiday Inn Select in China Town, Montreal, Canada. It's the only Holiday Inn I've seen that looks like a Chinese temple at the top. We enjoyed some OK chinese food last night, and now Diego is napping. Christian is presenting a case report at the CHEST 2005 conference here in Montreal. I decided to tag along since I had no work scheduled for the week. Diego and I will head out to find crepes and other yummy French food at quaint cafes this morning, meet Christian for lunch, and then tour Old Montreal in the afternoon before the case report presentation at 4:15. Then, we'll go find some more yummy food to celebrate! Yes, I came to Montreal to eat!

October was a very fun month, but I can't believe how fast it passed! Diego is now 10 1/2 months old, has his first pair of tennis shoes (he's very close to walking on his own), and will celebrate 1 year in just a month and a half. I can't believe it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home