The story of our journey with international adoption, travels, and parenthood

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

New Embassy Rules

So, typical of what can happen with the US embassy...they've changed their rules! Instead of being able to pick up Diego's visa on the same day we submit our paperwork, we will now have to wait until the afternoon of the following day, thus making it impossible to leave Guatemala until the next day. So, for instance, IF I am able to go to the embassy on Tuesday for to submit his paperwork, I will get his visa on Wednesday afternoon and then leave for home on Thursday. Delta only has one flight - at 1:20 PM and there's no guarantee there's an open seat. So, I'm less confident about coming home next week than I was a week ago. Not really that big of a deal other than a good friend is getting married in Pasadena on the 23rd and I was hoping we would all be able to go. Christian may have to attend the wedding himself...we'll see.

On a happier note, all is going well here with mom and dad. We are enjoying lunches out and spending time with Christian Diego, who is loving all of the attention. He has a new backpack that he is riding in - the REI Tagalong - which at first he was unsure about, but now he likes and will easily fall asleep in to take his afternoon naps if we are out and about in Antigua. The weather has been very nice - warm with rain late in the afternoon and evening. I've almost complete all of my shopping. I have been eyeing items I want to take back with me for over a month now, so the spending spree has begun!

Love to all!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lauren,
Make it home soon with Diego. I know you are anxious. All the staff developers here in Atlanta send you a hello and wish you the best in your new role as "Mother". They hope to see you soon next summer at least one of the five SI.
Cheers, Linda

July 13, 2005 at 9:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lauren- I have been reading your site since Kimberly and Christian let me know the blog-site. Please know that we are thinking of you and sending good vibes that you and Diego come home SOOON! Take care of yourselves and be safe.
Tracey O'Connell (we've met at the Slentz-Kesler's a few times and your husband has been kind enough to answer my pediatric questions free of charge- so far...)

July 14, 2005 at 9:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home